Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Super Bowl commercials need love too lmao....


I chose for my commercial the Doritos Pug, I thought it was hilarious. The commercial was aimed toward an audience of all ages and was focused more on making the commercial funny than actually trying to sell Doritos. The claim I got from watching this commercial is that it doesn’t matter if you are a human or an animal, if you really want to have some Doritos then nobody can stand in your way. The creators of this commercial supported the claim by showing this tiny pug dog nock down a glass door to get to the Doritos. I guess the warrant in the commercial is that they are assuming that everyone loves Doritos.

The commercial starts out with an average looking guy standing inside his house looking out a glass door while holding a bag of Spicy Doritos. The man then begins to tease the pug dog that is out in the yard by crouching over and waving a chip in front of the window and saying come on boy come and get it. They show the dog running in slow motion toward the door and the man’s girlfriend/wife tells him to stop and not to hurt the dog by making him run into the door. Then they take it out of slow motion as the pug jumps into the glass door and knocks it over on top of the guy and the pug starts eating the chips while the guy is smashed under the door.

I’m not sure how exactly to compare this commercial to the rhetorical triangle but I did my best. So Stephanie if you could let me know how I’m actually supposed to do it I would appreciate it. I didn’t really have time to get a hold of you to ask because I didn’t get home until 10:30 p.m. and had to do this right away.

1 comment:

  1. Bugg, I want you to think about things like audience...and context. Why does this commercial work? Who is it best suited for?

    Also, how does the visual elements communicate the message differently than textual?

    ReplyDelete